This post is all about bypassing file hiding apps.
Most of the File Hiding apps for images, videos use a simple trick (having tested Keepsafe, Audio Manager, Vaults and many more)
REMEMBER : Any folder/file name beginning with a ‘.’ (eg – .hidden) is considered to be hidden by Android system.
+Go to to your file manager, select show hidden files.
– There should be a folder of the app that you use or a random folder that is not used by you
– 80% of the apps directly store your images and videos in this hidden folder
– Else they add an extension to the default file type like (.hid after the normal jpg or avi extensions)
– All you need to do is change them back to the default of the File type and you can open your files directly
EXPLORE ALL THE UNWANTED OR SUSPICIOUS FOLDERS TO FIND OUT WHAT’S HIDDEN IN THEM
Hide it Pro
A folder “ProgramData” is made.. Inside the a “Languages” folder is made and inside the languages folder “fr” named folder is made
That’s where you’ll find all your hidden pictures
Keepsafe (Older Version)
1) Go the the folder .keepsafe in the your SD Card/ phone storage.
2) Inside or you’ll find a folder named ‘Main Folder‘
3) Copy this folder somewhere else
4) Now uninstall and then reinstall Keepsafe App
5) Setup the keepsafe app
6) Copy the folder ‘Main Folder’ from your previous location to the new .keepsafe folder
7) Open the keepsafe app and you’ll be able to view the images and videos
A folder named “Vaulty” will be made in your Default camera folder (usually DCIM).. In this folder you’ll find your data.. Try the same method as KEEPSAFE FOR UNHIDING IMAGES!
Vaulty just hides the videos by changing their extension!
So you can unhide videos but not images.
1) Go to the folder data in your Storage
2) Inside it you’ll find a hidden folder .GalleryLock
3) Then browse through the folders within it and you’ll find your files there
4) Change the extension of your files to .jpg for images or .mp4 for videos from .glk
Hide Something – photo,video..
- Make sure you have enabled “show hidden files” in your file manager
- Now look for a folder with name .pg
- Withing the .pg folder there will be folders like (DCIM, Whatsapp Images, Instagram, Downloads etc..) from where your images were hidden
- Now go to you desired folder.Your images will be there but their extension will be changed
- So simply change their extension from ‘.jpg.img.pg‘ to ‘.jpg‘
And you have successfully retrieved your files!
In case of queries write to us at email@example.com or on Twitter (@Appcyla)